Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102

Thread: Gas Prices around the region?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    It's all about supply and demand as I hear which is a crock also...The oil riggs in the gulf will be out of commision for awhile due to the fact they have no electricity to run those which will hurt also.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    $3.29 in Kingsport? wow.
    I can't complain about gas prices. I chose to buy a Ford Explorer so I guess I'll live with it. You know, our Subaru doesn't get but about 24 mpg. It is a Legacy Sedan and I would have thought they got much better gas mileage but I gues the AWD eat's into that. but it does go better in the snow and ice than the Explorer. It it wasn't for having to transport the dog's (I crate them to travel) I probably would look at trading the explorer but then again, it is almost paid off. I guess I would rather not have a car payment and pay the high gas price than have a car payment and pay high gas prices at the same time.
    Oh well, i'm just ramblin' now
    Wow, $3.29 for gas in Kingsport.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    it was 2.59 when I went to work this morning & 2.99 when I left work..I need another job just to pay for gas [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hashmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    As of today, here are a just a few things I will no longer do.....

    1) I wont buy ANYTHING thats isnt absolutely neccessary. Saw this coming for a while so I stocked up on corn cobs. I can now cut out the TP bill altogether. Ill use that extra money to buy enough gas to back out of my driveway. Thatll probrably be as far as Ill be physically able to ride if you get my meaning.

    2) use the A/C in my car... just paid almost 400$ to get it working too... major bummer.. Winter IS on the way though... whew!

    3) Mow/weedeat my yard...... Anyone with a couple goats to sell out there?

    4) eat out.... Im buying me some stock in baloney futures.... Sure seems to be plenty of it now in the oil industry, but I see a shortfall in the baloney supply on the horizon. You heard it here 1st! Invest now!

    5) The one thing ill probrably miss the most...Pointing and laughing at ANYONE on a moped.... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    From what I hear if you use your AC it saves more gas than rolling the windows down.....Katie Couric told me so lol
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    katie couric must have been smokin some chronic...
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  7. #7
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    Thats actually the truth according to AAA and other things Ive read concerning gas mileage. I think the windows being down has something to do with the aerodynamics.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    Gas prices in Coeburn range from $2.819 to $2.989.

    Shell/Subway is out of gas. Shell on the corner of Central/Old 72 is $2.819, they had a line at 6:30. Exxon/Burger King was $2.819, I had to wait 5 minutes for an open pump. No mention of limits.

    Appco in the middle of town was $2.989, only two cars there and one was a WCSD patrol car.

    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    The absolute cheapest that it is here in Abingdon is 2.79 at all the Chevrons. I don't think that will last too long. The most expensive is at the Exxon's at 3.29. Glad I filled up today for 2.57...
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gas Prices around the region?

    No body said it was the end of time. Just comparing the Bible and some verses.
    One thing is for certain. Times aren't good. If they are. It sure ain't about the world's situations.
    How many died today? How much did news of one gas line problem create a gas line problem, create a panic that, well go out and see.
    Fights almost at the pumps.
    Yet were a leader or nations? And a leader in technology?
    When lately?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •